Gator MAXX G2
(FOR RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS)
GATOR MAXX G2 is made with a state-of-the-art manufacturing process. Specifically, calibrated sand is mixed with sophisticated intelligent polymers. This new generation of Intelligent Polymers neutralizes haze and dust. The polymeric sand application is now dust free and haze free. No blower is needed and the intelligent polymeric sand requires only one watering. GATOR MAXX G2 is recommended for a variety of uses including pool decks, patios, footpaths, driveways, parking spaces, pavements, etc. Available in Beige, Slate Grey, Ivory and Black Diamond. Ideal for concrete pavers, natural stones, wetcast products and clay pavers.
- Can be used for joints up to a maximum of 4" (10 cm) in traditional application and 2" (5 cm) in overlay application
- For traditional, overlay, residential and commercial applications
- ASTM C144 gradation allows use in even the tightest joints
- OSHA cristalline silica compliant (OSHA 29 CFR 1926.1153)
- No Dust, Haze Free, No Blower, and one watering
- For traditional application, Rapid Set rain safe 15 minutes after water activation.
- For overlays, rain safe 24 hours after water activation.
- Works above 32F (0C)
- Faster insallation time
- Ideal for Gator Base applications
- Can be used on false joint pavers
- Waterproof bags. Lay bag flat on its back, so front of the bag is facing you. Intact pallets or bags can be stored outdoors.
CHOICE OF 2 BEAUTIFUL COLORS
Quantity required depends on the shape and size of the concrete pavers as well as the width of the joints.
|Narrow Joints||Wide Joints|
|sq. m.||sq. ft.||sq. m.||sq. ft.|
|Beige, Slate Grey, Ivory||6.00-7.41||65-85||2.00-3.88||22-42|
|50 lb / 22.7 kg|
|50 lb / 22.7 kg|
GATOR MAXX¬†G2¬†INSTALLATION STEPS (FOR A NEW PAVER SURFACE)
Spread¬†GATOR MAXX¬†G2¬†with hard-bristle broom. Make sure the¬†GATOR MAXX¬†G2¬†completely fills the joints. Do not use with other materials in the joints. Leave a layer of¬†GATOR MAXX¬†G2¬†on the surface to aid in the vibrating and consolidation of¬†GATOR MAXX¬†G2¬†into joints. For textured or pre-finished surfaces, we recommend to remove all the sand from the paver or slab surface prior to using the plate or roller compacter.
Vibrate the GATOR MAXX¬†G2 into the paver joints using a vibratory plate compactor. A rubber pad is recommended. A roller compactor is best for slab installation. Joints sand level, must be at least 1/8 inch (3 mm) below top of paver‚ and surface or 1/8 inch (3 mm) below the chamfer. It is best to compact in several directions to ensure there are no air gaps or voids in the joints. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to ensure joints are filled and consolidated. Narrow joints require more care to completely fill.
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTES FOR G2
- A Always refer to the latest GATOR MAXX G2 Technical Data Sheet (TDS) at AllianceGator.com before installing GATOR MAXX G2
- B Pavers and slabs must be installed according to ICPI Tech Spec #2 traditional (www.icpi.org) before GATOR MAXX G2 installation. For Overlays ICPI recommends 2 inches diameter drainage holes spaced approximately 10 feet apart and at the lowest elevations in the slab. Holes should be filled with #8 stone and covered with a 1 foot x 1 foot patch of Gator Fabric GF4.4. Drilled holes should allow any water entering the bedding layer to freely flow out. ICPI Tech Spec #10 Overlay (www.icpi.org)
- C Pavers’ sides and top surfaces must be completely dry. Do not apply if the paver surface is damp or wet. The damp or wet surface will cause GATOR MAXX G2 to prematurely activate and will lead to the polymers sticking on the paver surface.
- D Do not apply if the paver joints are damp or wet. This will prevent the GATOR MAXX G2 from properly sliding into the joints and obtaining very densely packed joints, which is critical to the product’s performance.
- E Temperature must be above 0°C (32°F) with dry conditions and a minimum of 15 minutes of dry weather required after activation in traditional application and 24 hours in Overlay applications.
- F For all paver surfaces, and particularly around in-ground pools, there must be a minimum slope of 1/8" (3 mm) per linear foot (30 cm linear) away from the edge of the pool or structures to ensure optimal performance of the GATOR MAXX G2.
- G For the pool coping units, it is mandatory to use mortar in the joints. For the rest of the paver installation around the pool, you can use GATOR MAXX G2.
- H Do not sweep GATOR MAXX G2 over asphalt.
- I Install GATOR MAXX G2 level, must be at least 1/8 inch (3 mm) below top of paver’s surface or 1/8 inch (3 mm) below the chamfer or erosion may occur. The filled and cured polymeric sand joints should never be in direct contact with foot traffic or tires.
- J For textured or pre-finished surfaces, we recommend to remove all the sand from the paver or slab surface prior to using the plate or roller compacter.
IMPORTANT WATER ACTIVATION NOTES FOR G2
- A Use a watering gun connected to a hose. Set to shower.
- B Watering must be started at the lowest point of the paved surface.
- C Never allow paved surface to dry out during the water-activation phase.
- D Do not allow GATOR MAXX G2 to wash out of joint.
- E Shower for a minimum of 30 seconds for 30 sq. ft. (3 sq. m.) or until the GATOR MAXX G2 repels the water and the water starts to accumulate on the joint