Gator Supersand G2
(FOR RESIDENTIAL APPLICATIONS)
SUPERSAND G2 is made with a state-of-the-art manufacturing process. Specifically, calibrated sand is mixed with sophisticated intelligent polymers. This new generation of Intelligent Polymers neutralizes haze and dust. No blower is needed and the intelligent polymeric sand requires only one watering. SUPERSAND G2 is recommended for a variety of uses including pool decks, patios, footpaths, driveways, parking spaces, pavements, etc. Available in Beige and Slate Grey.
- Can be used for joints up to a maximum of 2"
- ASTM C144 gradation allows use in even the tightest joints
- OSHA cristalline silica compliant (OSHA 29 CFR 1926.1153)
- No Dust, Haze Free, No Blower, and one watering
- For traditional application, Rapid Set rain safe 15 minutes after water activation.
- Works above 32°F (0°C)
- Waterproof bags. Lay bag flat on its back, so front of the bag is facing you. Intact pallets or bags can be stored outdoors.
Quantity required depends on the shape and size of the concrete pavers as well as the width of the joints.
CHOICE OF 2 BEAUTIFUL COLORS
FOR USE ON AND REQUIRED SUB-SURFACE PREPARATIONSUPERSAND G2 is recommended for a variety of uses including pool decks, patios, footpaths, driveways, parking spaces, pavements, etc. The concrete pavers must be installed on a traditional base system composed of 2 layers. The upper layer can have a maximum of 1" (2.5 cm) of bedding sand. The lower layer must have a minimum of 6" (15 cm) of crushed stone compacted at 98 % Proctor density. (See diagrams)
NEVER USE SUPERSAND G2 WHEN PAVERS ARE INSTALLED ON A CONCRETE SLAB. INSTEAD, USE ALLIANCE GATOR MAXX G2
SUPERSAND G2 INSTALLATION STEPS (FOR A NEW PAVER SURFACE)
Spread SUPERSAND G2 with hard-bristle broom. Make sure the SUPERSAND G2 completely fills the joints. Do not use other materials in the joints. Leave a layer of SUPERSAND G2 missing space on the surface to aid in the vibrating and consolidation of SUPERSAND G2 into joints. For textured or pre-finished surfaces, we recommend to remove all the sand from the paver or slab surface prior to using the plate or roller compacter.
Vibrate the SUPERSAND G2 into the paver joints using a vibratory plate compactor. A rubber pad is recommended. A roller compactor is best for slab installation. Joints sand level, must be at least 1/8" (3 mm) below top of paver’s surface or 1/8" (3 mm) below the chamfer. It is best to compact in several directions to ensure there are no air gaps or voids in the joints. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to ensure joints are filled and consolidated. Narrow joints require more care to completely fill.
Shower for a minimum of 30 seconds for 30 sq. ft. (3 sq. m.) or until the SUPERSAND G2 repels the water and the water starts to accumulate on the joints.
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTES FOR G2
- A Always refer to the latest SUPERSAND G2 Technical Data Sheet (TDS) at AllianceGator.com before installing SUPERSAND G2.
- B Pavers and slabs must be installed according to ICPI Tech Spec #2 non-overlay (www.icpi.org) before SUPERSAND G2 installation.
- C Pavers’ sides and top surfaces must be completely dry. Do not apply if the paver surface is damp or wet. The damp or wet surface will cause SUPERSAND G2 to prematurely activate and will lead to the polymers sticking on the paver surface.
- D Do not apply if the paver joints are damp or wet. This will prevent the SUPERSAND G2 from properly sliding into the joints and obtaining very densely packed joints, which is critical to the product’s performance.
- E Temperature must be above 32°F (0°C) in dry conditions and no rain for at least 15 minutes after water activation.
- F For all paver surfaces, and particularly around in-ground pools, there must be a minimum slope of 1/8" (3 mm) per linear foot (30 cm) away from the edge of the pool or structures to ensure optimal performance of the SUPERSAND G2
- G For the pool coping units, it is mandatory to use mortar in the joints. For the rest of the paver installation around the pool, you can use SUPERSAND G2
- H Do not sweep SUPERSAND G2 over asphalt.
- I Install SUPERSAND G2 a minimum of 1/8" (3 mm) below top of paver’s surface or 1/8" (3 mm) below the chamfer or erosion may occur. The filled and cured polymeric sand joints should never be in direct contact with foot traffic or tires.
- J For textured or pre-finished surfaces, we recommend to remove all the sand from the paver or slab surface prior to using the plate or roller compacter.